About St. Mark's
St. Mark's is a community of Christians, a people who give as much of themselves as they know to as much of Jesus Christ as they know. We worship God weekly in services that are both ancient and new - based on the historic Anglican forms of prayer, music, and the sacraments.
About Our Worship Service
We worship the same God that Christians have worshiped throughout the centuries - in a way that is still fresh and vital for people of all ages.
The service booklet faithfully follows the order for the Holy Eucharist from the 1979 Book of Common Prayer Rite II (Rite I for 8:00 am on Sunday). It is all you need to follow along and participate in each service. It includes instructions for standing, sitting, and kneeling, as well as the readings, prayers, and music lyrics in an easy-to-follow format. Greeters distribute these booklets at the entrance to the service.
The weekend teaching is rooted in scripture, encouraging, and addresses the practical concerns of our lives.
Find a service from the weekly worship schedule that fits for you.
About Holy Communion
Scripture assures us that God forgives and welcomes all who come to Him in repentance and faith (1 John 1:19). As such, all baptized Christians of any age who know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior are welcome to participate in Holy Communion (also called Eucharist or the Lord's Supper). The sacrifice of Christ on the cross is represented tangibly in each Eucharistic service at St. Mark's. To learn more about the Anglican understanding of communion, read the Anglican-Roman Catholic International Commission's statement on the eucharist.
To receive a blessing rather than communion, please kneel or stand at the altar rail and cross your arms over your chest. Anyone who is not baptized but wants to join the community experience of Eucharist can participate in this way. You are also free to stay seated during the time of communion.
After you have received the bread and wine, you may return to your pew for prayer and reflection, join in singing the communion songs, or take advantage of our prayer ministry. Prayer ministers will be standing by the prayer desk, located at the right side of the church by the windows, to listen to your concerns and pray personally with you.
Kids & Youth
- All kids and youth are welcome in all of our worship services.
- We have a parlor that serves as a peaceful spot to rock or nurse a crying infant, yet still hear the worship and sermon (9:00 am and 10:30 am on Sundays).
- Nursery care is available during the 9:00 am and 10:30 am services on Sunday.
- Kids Connect, our Sunday morning children's programming for PreK-5th grade, is offered during the 9:00 am service on Sunday.
- StM Youth offers Jr. High Sunday Morning Programming during the 9:00 am service.
- To begin or continue a livelong habit of worship, Sr. High students are encouraged to participate in one of the weekend worship services.
Wednesday morning Eucharist
Individual healing prayer and laying-on-of-hands are offered at our Wednesday morning Eucharist.