YOUTH CORNERSTONE GROUPS MEET AT ST. MARK'S - ADDITIONAL DETAILS COMING SOON!
At St. Mark's, Cornerstone Groups are a vital part of our strategy for growing in Christ Jesus together. At a Cornerstone Group, expect to find an encouraging environment of Christian support and friends with whom to grow, learn, and pray.
A Cornerstone Group:
- Typically has around twelve people
- Meets weekly
- Is its own unique expression of our St. Mark’s community
We offer three Cornerstone Groups for 6th-12th grade students:
- Cornerstone Group for 6th - 8th grade
- Cornerstone Group for 9th - 12th grade (for high school students not enrolled in Youth Confirmation)
- Cornerstone Group for Youth Confirmation, offered to 8th and 9th graders (Confirm not Conform)
Here we emphasize cultural and historic contexts so students can become immersed in the ancient world of the Scriptures. We combine this with practical application, conveying the beauty of following Jesus and the call to tell others about Him! We also encourage students to bring friends for this special time of fun and Christian community.
During the 2021-22 school year, we will alternate our group content each week as follows:
- Week A: Students will watch an episode of The Chosen as a group, followed by a brief discussion and prayer.
- Week B: Students will dive into the Scriptures portrayed in the previous week’s episode. A guest speaker or in-house service project may be added.
Cornerstone Group Leaders
- 6-8th grade: Anna Oelerich
- 9-12th grade: Anna Oelerich
- Youth Confirmation: Emily Mosciano, Emily Clark